Senstar’s FlexZone, its newest generation ranging fence-mounted intrusion detection sensor, has been certified to protect critical assets at U.S. Air Force (USAF) bases worldwide.
FlexZone joins a number of other Senstar products on the USAF’s Approved Equipment List (AEL), including the OmniTrax® buried intrusion detection sensor and the UltraWave™ microwave intrusion detection sensor.
(Learn About Senstar’s FlexZone works. Courtesy of Senstar and YouTube)
“To be added to the AEL, FlexZone underwent exhaustive qualification, testing and evaluation and proved to have all the necessary requirements,” said Kevin Bradley, President North America Sales and Service.
“Senstar is very proud that FlexZone has been certified to protect critical assets of the USAF.”
FlexZone, along with the rest of Senstar’s portfolio of perimeter security technologies, provides early warning of intrusions along the perimeter of a site triggering deterrent devices such as security lighting or sirens, cueing up camera systems, and directing security personnel.
Locating fence-mounted intrusion detection sensor
FlexZone is a coaxial cable-based fence-mounted system that detects and locates any attempt to cut, climb or otherwise break through the fence. FlexZone adapts to a wide variety of fence types and is ideal for sites of all sizes.
FlexZone Features and benefits
- Detects and locates intrusions over a distance of up to 600 m (1968 ft) per processor
- Pinpoints intrusions within 3 m (10 ft)
- Accurately locates intrusions even when there are multiple simultaneous intrusions and in the presence of background environmental noise
- Flexible software-based zoning (up to 60 distinct zones per processor)
- Minimal infrastructure requirements – power and data run over sensor cables
- Differentiates between point disturbances caused by real intrusions and spatially distributed disturbances such as wind and rain
- Continues protection even in the event of a cable cut
- Easy to install and maintain
- Wireless Gate Sensor option
How FlexZone works
Using signals generated by the minute flexing of its loose tube coaxial sensor cable, FlexZone detects and locates movement of the fence.
High-speed sampling ensures that the FlexZone processor captures a precise picture of the fence signal and enables advanced algorithms to discriminate between intrusion signals and environmental noise.
This maximizes the probability of detection while virtually eliminating nuisance alarms caused by environmental effects such as wind or rain.
(See how to easy it is to install a FlexZone processor and attach the sensor cables to a fence. Courtesy of Senstar and YouTube)
Senstar FlexZone® Wireless Gate Sensor
Additionally, Senstar FlexZone offers a wireless gate sensor for simplified intrusion detection solution for sliding and swinging gates.
The FlexZone Wireless Gate Sensor detects attempts to open, cut, climb or otherwise break through sliding and swinging gates and complements the coverage of the FlexZone fence-mounted sensor.
FlexZone® Wireless Gate Sensor Features and benefits
- Eliminates complex routing of cable from fence to moving gate panels
- On-board auxiliary input for monitoring gate contact
- Available in solar-powered and battery versions
- Easy to install and maintain
(See the FlexZone Wireless Gate Sensor in Action. Courtesy of Senstar and YouTube)
- Certified by US Air Force Testing (Authorized Equipment Listing)
- CE Declaration of Conformity
- FCC Grant
Current Senstar products approved to protect USAF sites are FlexZone fence-mounted sensor, OmniTrax Buried Line Sensor (BLS), UltraWave Microwave Sensor, and the DTR-90 taut wire system.
FlexZone, OmniTrax, and UltraWave provide a natural upgrade path to previously-approved older generation products, namely the FPS-2-2R fence-mounted sensor, Sentrax and Perimitrax Buried Line Sensors, and the Racon series of Microwave Sensors (MPS-14000-1, 14000-32, 16000-4, and 4100 respectively.
Now combined with world-class video management systems and analytics (formerly Aimetis), Senstar offers a comprehensive suite of proven technologies that work together to reduce complexity, improve performance and unify support to safeguard people, places and property with the world’s largest portfolio of perimeter intrusion detection sensors