Authentication solutions firm Veridium, is introducing Veridium Authenticator App, an enterprise-ready solution enabling a cost-efficient, convenient and more secure multi-factor authentication process.
The app is now available for download on any iOS and Android smartphone.
Veridium recently released survey results from 200 U.S. senior IT decision makers recently found that 63% organizations that have experienced a data breach are either in the process of implementing or planning to implement biometric authentication to prevent another one.
The survey indicates a lack of confidence of passwords alone to secure data sufficiently, while noting that organizations are moving towards biometrics to better safeguard their most critical assets.
Per the research, 81% of IT decision makers reported that they think biometric authentication secures their organizations’ data better than passwords alone.
By examining the challenges and trends of authentication methods across industries, the research uncovers changes that IT leaders need to make to better protect their data.
(Learn More. See how you can simplify two-factor authentication by eliminating costly security tokens and replace them with mobile biometric authentications from Veridium. Eliminate the cost and hassle of tokens and improve security for your company. Courtesy of Veridium and Vimeo)
Key findings from the survey also include:
The Prevalence of Data Breaches:
- Insights from the survey reinforce that organizations continue to be a target for threat vectors, with 53% of senior IT decision makers reporting that their organization has experienced a data breach within the last five years.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)’s Impact on Security Strategy:
- Upcoming regulations are cited to be a top consideration for US IT decision makers as it relates to their security strategy, with 89% of respondents reported that the GDPR deadline is impacting their organizations’ approach to managing and securing EU citizens’ data.
Lack of Confidence in Passwords:
- While 99% of IT decision makers indicate that they are currently using passwords in their organizations, only 34% of respondents are ‘very confident’ that passwords alone can protect data sufficiently.
Employee Habits Pose Risk:
- Furthermore, 83% of respondents said that their employees use techniques to “bypass” password policy, which includes:
- 53% Storing passwords within a web browser or password manager
- 50% Reusing same characters, but add or change a number, and
- 41% Writing down passwords
Utilitizing the Power of Biometrics:
- The vast majority (86%) of respondents agreed with the statement that biometrics is the most secure authentication method for both organizations and consumers.
- 63% of survey respondents believe the main reasons for using biometric authentication include overall better security
- 54% believe biometrics increase workforce productivity,
- 50% believe biometrics improve accessibility
“Across industries, organizations that have experienced a security breach now outnumber those that haven’t as attackers have identified and exploited their security weaknesses,” said James Stickland, CEO, Veridium.
“As the research has demonstrated, IT decision makers are recognizing that reliance on passwords alone is leaving them exposed to threats.”
“Today, they are rethinking their authentication strategies and implementing biometrics to better secure their employees’ and customers’ most sensitive data.”
(Learn More. bunq CEO Ali Niknam is about to debut his company’s latest mobile banking app. He’ll demonstrate the integration of VeridiumID with 4 Fingers TouchlessID. Watch how quickly and conveniently he can authorize a payment…in the dark. Courtesy of Veridium and Vimeo)
“Enterprises consider two key factors when seeking a new security solution: ease-of-use and the dangers of overspending,” said Todd Shollenbarger, Chief Global Strategist of Veridium.
“There is an industry need for strong authentication with simplicity without breaking the bank.”
“Our Authenticator App provides customers all the security benefits in one solution, lowering total cost of ownership over traditional 2FA solutions all while making security a much more convenient process for IT and end users alike.”
Key Features of the Veridium Authenticator App include:
- The Authenticator App offers a way to quickly and easily enroll and authenticate employees as a primary or secondary factor in Microsoft Active Directory, as well as Citrix StoreFront, NetScaler, ShareFile or any other VPN that uses a RADIUS protocol.
Integration with Biometrics:
- Users can replace passwords and tokens with multiple biometrics, including: native device sensors like face and fingerprint, and Veridium’s 4 Fingers TouchlessID.
Available on Android and iOS:
Enhanced User Experience:
- New user interface, making enrolling and authenticating easy and convenient.
“Ensuring productivity while protecting sensitive data is at the core of how Citrix securely delivers apps and data for our customers,” said Nabeel Youakim, Vice President of Products and Strategic Partners of Citrix.
“The Veridium biometric authentication solution, which has been verified as Citrix Ready for Citrix StoreFront and Citrix NetScaler Gateway, helps our customers to eliminate the need for soft or hard tokens all while ensuring convenience and security for any organization.”
To learn more about Veridium’s biometric authentication capabilities, please visit.