American Signal Corporation (ASC) Premier Central Control Platform for All Mass Notifications has been nominated to compete in the 2017 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards program.
ASC’s CompuLert™ NEXGen system has been purposefully built to provide the ultimate mobility, reliability, and performance as an industry-leading mass notification platform.
CompuLert™ NEXGen is the only multi-threat detection multi-channel mass notification platform capable of interfacing with virtually any threat detection device and communicate life safety information over a myriad of technologies.
CompuLert™ NEXGen sets itself apart in any further mass notification system comparison:
- CompuLert™ NEXGen’s architecture was developed to support large, nationwide disaster management and emergency communications systems, down to individual small cities and villages. It provides our clients – and system integrators – with the ultimate capabilities to develop specific, robust solutions.
- CompuLert™ NEXGen is a powerful mass notification platform, capable of seamlessly integrating critical communications systems with distributed data collection and sensing equipment, to provide custom life safety solutions.
WHAT CAN COMPULERT™ NEXGEN DO?
CompuLert™ NEXGen provides simple, effective solutions to monitor and control emergency siren systems, while also maintaining a user-friendly administration interface.
From one siren system to thousands of sirens located in separate geographic regions, CompuLert™ NEXGen provides intuitive command and control capabilities.
CompuLert™ NEXGen’s integration capabilities also provide advanced detection and warning capabilities to pre-existing system networks.
The CompuLert™ NEXGen platform includes both hardware and software.
Hardware is fully-integrated with ASC’s full line of emergency warning sirens, and can also be interfaced with numerous sensing and detection devices.
In a mass notification system comparison, no other system offers this level of functional integration.
(Learn about the changes and benefits of CompuLert™ NEXGen. Courtesy of ASC, John Coultas and YouTube)
ROBUST THREAT DETECTION AND ALERTING
From weather to civil defense and beyond, precise alerting requires a collection of integrated capabilities. ASC designs systems with the capability to detect, alert and monitor threats in real time.
- Integrated flood and wind sensors measure the significance of inclement anomalies, reporting and mapping for continuous, up-to-date alerting.
- Chemical and radiation sensors offer early detection, while reverse 911, text alerting, emailing, Wi-Fi alerting and instant messaging offer multi-channel communication.
- ASC rainfall monitoring and earth movement sensors provide early detection and anticipation for landslide events in equatorial countries around the world.
SIREN HACK ACCENTS CRITICAL NATURE OF EMERGENCY ALERT SYSTEMS CYBER SECURITY
In the wake of this month’s municipal emergency siren system hacking incident in Dallas, American Signal Corporation (ASC) can assure emergency alert system designers and operators, that the CompuLert™ NEXGen, is designed specifically with cyber security in mind, providing protection from external hacking at numerous layers of operation.
- The NEXGen network uses secure SSL connections to prevent snooping or Man-In-The-Middle attacks.Sensitive data for the application is secured to protect against inappropriate user input
- All access to administration features is password protected and requires admin authentication, and
- All passwords are encrypted to further protect from malicious access
Messages exchanged between the server and clients are also encrypted at application level using the symmetric Advanced Encryption Standard (AES). NEXGen protocol messages are even capable of being encrypted with a customer-specific key.
“Where cloud computation is becoming a real concern for intrusion into closed systems, NEXGen is capable of working with entirely isolated network resources, with no dependence on cloud resources or internet access, aside from an optional NOAA feed,” said Roe.
“There’s a distinct emphasis on top-down security that’s imbued into the framework of our entire system. We recognize the security needs of emergency alert systems and are leading by example when it comes to addressing them.”
(City officials confirmed an apparent hacking triggered emergency sirens to sound across the Dallas area. Courtesy of USA TODAY and YouTube)
Failure is never an option for government mass notification and emergency alerting—the health and safety of hundreds of thousands or even millions of citizens hang in the balance. ASC systems put reliability above all else, to guarantee seamless functionality under the duress of any adversity.
- CompuLert™ NEXGen command and control platform architecture supports deployment in HIGH-AVAILABILITY and FAULT-TOLERANT information technology configurations. Access to the system is possible from numerous gateways, and is designed to function even if partial outages occur.
- The communications infrastructures we design are in place protecting municipalities around the world and CompuLert™ NEXGen has been certified by Motorola® Solutions in public safety radio systems.
BEST-IN-CLASS CYBER SECURITY
In an age of cyber-terrorism, data breaches and sensitive information hacking, ASC is designing notification systems that offer unmitigated protection against malicious attacks.
- All network connections use a secure SSL connection to prevent snooping or “Man-In-The-Middle” attacks. CompuLert™ NEXGen is also capable of working with entirely isolated network resources, with no dependence on cloud resources or internet access, aside from the optional NOAA feed.
- CompuLert™ NEXGen protocol messages exchanged between the server and clients are encrypted at application level. The application uses the symmetric Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) for encrypting messages.
ASC CompuLert NEXGen in 2017 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards Program
The 2017 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards Program, is organized to recognize the most distinguished vendors of Physical, IT, Port Security, Law Enforcement, First Responders, (Fire, EMT, Military, Support Services Vets, SBA, Medical Tech) as well as the Federal, State, County and Municipal Government Agencies – to acknowledge their outstanding efforts to ‘Keep our Nation Secure, One City at a Time.’
As an ‘ASTORS’ competitor, the CompuLert NEXGen will be competing against the industries leading providers of innovative mass notification systems.
Good luck to ASC CompuLert NEXTGen on becoming a Winner of the 2017 American Security Today’s Homeland Security Awards Program!
For more information on any of American Signal Corporation’s emergency alert solutions, please visit the company’s website at http://www.americansignal.com/.