Axon‘s next generation point-of-view body camera, Axon Flex 2, announces a number of new features and compelling improvements over its predecessor:
- With a host of advanced new mounting options, Flex 2 increases retention strength by over 300% while maintaining the flexibility for easy, rapid repositioning between mounts. New cable management systems ensure continuous connections for enhanced reliability.
- The first of its kind, the polymer casing of the Flex 2 is fused into a solid one-piece design fully encasing the electronics from weather, shock and even the occasional run-over by a vehicle. The polymer casing forms an armored layer of protection against even the roughest environments.
- Flex 2 enhances field-of-view from 75 to 120 degrees – allowing users to capture even more and gain a fuller perspective.
HD Retina Low Light Video with Dual-Channel Audio:
- Flex 2 offers video resolution from 480p to 1080p further refining its industry leading Retina Low Light video performance. The Stereo Digital Mic records audio in two channels: one optimized for voice and the second set to the environment for improved audio evidence capture.
- Axon Signal allows camera activation from TASER Weapons, in-car systems and a growing ecosystem of Signal triggers.
- Flex 2 uses both Bluetooth technology and Wi-Fi to optimize wireless communications for mobile apps on iOS, Android and Windows Mobile that allow mobile viewing, tagging and off load of videos with Axon View and Axon Capture.
Full Shift Buffer with Configurable Pre-event Settings:
- Pre-event buffer of 0–120 seconds, configurable by agency in 30-second increments.
“Officers around the country have placed their trust in the Axon Flex camera since we launched it in 2012,” said TASER CEO and co-founder, Rick Smith.
(There’s a conversation taking place about the relationship between law enforcement and the communities they serve. Axon creates connected public safety technologies that facilitate that dialogue between all stakeholders. Courtesy of TASER International and YouTube)
TASER will start initial shipments of the Axon Flex 2 in December 2016 with full production beginning in Q1 2017. For additional specs and pre-order information visit: http://axon.io/products/flex2
TASER will be showcasing Axon Flex 2 at this year’s International Association of Chiefs of Police annual conference in San Diego, CA. Visit booth #2239 to experience the latest in body-worn video technology.
To date, more than 100,000 licenses have been booked on the Axon network worldwide. The Axon network seamlessly integrates devices and apps to enable powerful capabilities for building safer communities.
Combined with a growing array of cloud-based mobile applications, Flex 2 will function as the capstone of an end-to-end solution designed to manage evidence from capture to courtroom. The Axon network includes:
- Body cameras and in-car video that leverage technology such as Bluetooth® wireless technology and Wi-Fi® to better track and manage data
- Evidence management for iOS and Android devices with Axon View and Axon Capture
Unified and Integrated Digital Evidence Management System (DEMS)
- One platform that removes siloed DEMS through cloud computing and includes CAD and RMS integration as well as redaction and transcription tools that help officers reduce time spent on administrative work
- Our Interagency Case Sharing feature allows Prosecutors to receive evidence from all of the Law Enforcement Agencies in their jurisdiction and manage that data in their own Evidence.com agency
(Digital evidence is a tool with unprecedented potential for prosecution, but real implications for evidence management. That’s why we’ve made Evidence.com available to prosecutors as well as law enforcement. Courtesy of TASER International and YouTube)
Digital Verification and Audit Logs
- Record every interaction with any piece of digital evidence including capture, ingest, retrieve, manage, and share
- Industry–leading people, practices, and products that comply with CJIS at both the infrastructure and application layers and ISO/IEC 27001
TASER International makes communities safer with innovative public safety technologies. Founded in 1993, TASER first transformed law enforcement with its electrical weapons.
TASER continues to define smarter policing with its Axon brand which includes a growing suite of connected products and services from body cameras and digital evidence management tools to mobile apps.
More than 172,000 lives have been saved from death or serious injury with TASER’s products and services.