The Chicago Police Department, a Major Cities Chiefs Association member, has finalized an agency-wide deployment of body-worn cameras with the recent purchase of 400 Axon Body 2 cameras.
The most recent order was received in the fourth quarter of 2017 and will continue to ship through the first quarter of 2018.
Chicago Police began equipping officers with Axon Body 2 cameras in 2015 and has now deployed around 7,000 cameras backed by Axon’s digital evidence management solution, Evidence.com.
“The use of body-worn cameras by our entire agency is a huge step towards increasing public safety and accountability in our city,” says Chicago Police’s Superintendent Eddie Johnson.
“The seamless integration of body camera footage onto the Evidence.com cloud platform makes it easy for us to get to the truth of a situation quickly and efficiently.”
“It’s great to see an agency the size of the Chicago Police Department realize the value in fully adopting our body-worn camera technology,” says Axon CEO and founder Rick Smith.
“By being fully integrated on the Axon network, officers have the ability to seamlessly and securely manage data, allowing them to spend less time at their desks, and more time in their communities.”
(Marcus Womack, General Manager of Axon discusses how TASER Protects Life & Axon Body Worn Cameras Protect Truth. Axon’s digital evidence management is crucial to this success. Learn how cloud based Evidence.com manages manages the data tsunami using Microsoft Azure. Courtesy of Axon and YouTube)
Additionally, the Virginia Beach Police Department (VBPD), also a Major Cities Chiefs Association member, has purchased 1,060 Axon body and in-car cameras on Evidence.com for agency-wide deployment.
This order was received in the first quarter of 2018 and will ship in multiple phases.
VBPD will roll out 250 Axon Fleet in-car video systems, totaling 500 cameras, under the TASER Assurance Plan (TAP).
(When you buy Fleet, you don’t just buy a camera—you buy into a program that ensures you always have the latest tech. Courtesy of Axon and Vimeo)
The agency also purchased 560 Axon Body 2 cameras on TAP on Evidence.com and 250 Axon Signal Units.
The following significant orders were received from domestic agencies in the fourth quarter of 2017 and first quarter of 2018 and will ship in multiple phases:
Austin Police Department (TX):
- 1,117 Axon Body 2 and 74 Axon Flex 2 cameras on TAP on Evidence.com and 828 Axon Signal PPMs (add-on order)
Miami Police Department (FL):
- 650 Axon Body 2 cameras on TAP with five years on Evidence.com
Fayetteville Police Department (NC):
- 300 Axon Fleet in-car video systems, totaling 600 cameras, on TAP on Evidence.com
Omaha Police Department (NE):
- 460 Axon Body 2 cameras on TAP with three years on Evidence.com , 175 Axon Signal Units and 159 Axon Signal PPMs (add-on order)
Stamford Police Department (CT):
- 225 Axon Body 2 cameras, 205 cameras on TAP, with five years of Evidence.com
Jupiter Police Department (FL):
- 220 Axon Body 2 cameras, 110 on the Officer Safety Plan (OSP) and 110 on TAP, with five years on Evidence.com and 110 Axon Signal Units
Greensboro Police Department (NC):
- 215 Axon Fleet in-car video systems, totaling 430 cameras, on TAP on Evidence.com and 215 Axon Signal Units
Fort Myers Police Department (FL):
- 120 Axon Fleet in-car video systems totaling 240 cameras with 120 Axon Signal Units
Topeka Police Department (KS):
- 212 Axon Flex 2 cameras on the OSP with five years on Evidence.com
Asheville Police Department (NC):
- 175 Axon Fleet in-car video systems, totaling 350 cameras, on TAP on Evidence.com and Axon Signal technology
Vacaville Police Department (CA):
- 105 Axon Body 2 cameras and 60 Axon Fleet in-car video systems, totaling 120 cameras, on Evidence.com, 105 Axon Signal PPMs and 60 Axon Signal Units
Santa Cruz Police Department (CA):
- 110 Axon Body 2 cameras on TAP with five years on Evidence.com
Lansing Police Department (MI):
- 62 Axon Fleet in-car video systems, totaling 124 cameras, on Evidence.com on the Unlimited Plan and 25 Axon Flex 2 cameras (add-on order)
Doral Police Department (FL):
- 80 Axon Body 2 cameras on TAP with five years of Evidence.com
(Learn More about evidence.com, courtesy of Taser International and YouTube)
Axon is a network of devices, apps, and people that helps law enforcement become smarter and safer.
Their mission is to protect life and their technologies give law enforcement the confidence, focus and time they need to keep their communities safe.
Axon products impact every aspect of an officer’s day-to-day experience:
In the field
- Axon Conducted Electrical Devices offer a less-lethal intermediate use of force response and our body-worn and in-car cameras collect video evidence to capture the truth of an incident; and our mobile applications enable simple evidence collection.
At the station
- Axon secure, cloud-based digital evidence management solution allows officers and command staff to manage, review, share and process digital evidence using forensic, redaction, transcription, and other tools.
In the courtroom
- Axon solutions for prosecutors make collaborating across jurisdictions and agencies easy so that cases can be resolved quickly.
Axon works hard for those who put themselves in harm’s way for all of us.
To date, there are more than 187,400 licensed users from around the world and more than 195,000 lives and countless dollars have been saved with the Axon Network of devices, apps and people.