Claroty, the 2016 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards Program Platinum Award Winner for Cyber Critical Infrastructure, has been nominated to compete in the 2017 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards Program.
Launching in September 2016 with $32 million in venture capital from marquee investors, Claroty is the most substantially funded startup focused on industrial control systems (ICS)/operational technology (OT) security.
Native OT Speakers
With a management team steeped in IT and OT security, Claroty possesses some of the world’s most experienced industrial security experts.
Additionally, the nearly 100-person organization has an unrivaled ICS security research organization that comprises the “top 1% of the 1%” from an elite unit of the Israeli Defense Forces (IDF).
This impressive pedigree has informed Claroty’s understanding of the unique issues confronting critical infrastructure and ICS/OT network owners/operators, and produced the most comprehensive platform purpose-built for industrial networks.
Born from Claroty’s combined IT and OT expertise, the Claroty Platform is designed to address the unique safety and reliability requirements necessary to protect ICS, SCADA, industrial IoT and other critical networks.
Claroty dives deep into control networks to uncover hidden issues, and generates actionable insights to secure and optimize the most complex OT environments.
The Claroty Platform extracts critical data by monitoring all network communication, establishing a high-fidelity baseline model for rapid detection of anomalous behavior.
Combining native OT knowledge with advanced models and algorithms, Claroty produces context-rich alerts that notify engineers, operators and security professionals to malicious attacks and process integrity issues that may impact industrial operations.
With CISOs seeking to deploy an integrated ICS/OT security platform, rather than cobble together disparate point products, Claroty has architected its technology to integrate across multiple plants for better visibility into anomalies and threats.
Claroty in Depth
- The Claroty Platform is deployed as virtual appliance and connects to SPAN ports on Ethernet networks, or to customized sensors on serial networks.
- The appliance dissects the relayed traffic, extracting a comprehensive set of data for each system asset and how that asset is communicating in the network.
- The web-based console provides a multifaceted view into the data.
The Claroty Platform provides:
The deepest visibility across all OT layers
The broadest protocol coverage
Superior anomaly and change detection
Continuous, real-time monitoring
Enterprise scalability, and
“Passive” deep packet inspection that is safe for all devices and imposes zero impact on the OT network
Further distinguishing itself from the competition, Claroty recently introduced several features that enable industrial asset owners to significantly reduce risk, and manage and audit access to their most critical systems.
The Claroty Platform now includes enhanced:
- Users can granularly control who has access, what they have access to – including management workstations, HMIs, Historians and other important endpoints that are common in industrial environments – and even time of access to address critical tasks without leaving an open door.
- Users can manage, approve and track all requests for remote access to the most important systems.
- High-definition recordings provide full accountability for each session.
- Password change policies eliminate shared passwords, protect credentials and enable compliance without needing to coordinate changes across multiple organizations.
- Claroty can be integrated with ticketing systems for improved workflow automation, and also provides syslog output for integration with SIEM and log management products.
Notably, since its fall 2016 launch, Claroty has enjoyed an extended period of tremendous momentum and achievement.
During this time, the company has continued to differentiate itself from the competition in several areas:
A Singular Platform
- Claroty competes with other ICS/OT security vendors and a growing list of vendors who have followed Claroty’s lead and attempted to imitate its approach.
- While these competitors offer single point solutions, Claroty delivers a single pane of glass for continuous threat detection, secure remote access (for third-party vendors) and enterprise management.
- As such, the company stands alone as the only provider offering a full suite of solutions in one platform.
Global Customer Traction
- Serving and targeting the S&P 500, and Fortune 500 and 1,000 communities, Claroty has secured multiple seven-figure deals with thousands upon thousands of devices monitored.
- Currently, the Claroty Platform is deployed in complex enterprise-class production environments in 10 vertical markets across 6 continents.
Premier Partner Program
- Claroty has approached the market with a determination to partner with the world’s largest industrial control vendors, systems integrators and security companies.
- Over the past year, Claroty has quickly become the strategic partner of choice for high-profile brands such as Rockwell, Schneider Electric, Cisco and Accenture.
Unmatched Executive Leadership
- Earlier this year, Claroty named former Executive Chairman, CEO and Chairman of the Board of FireEye Dave DeWalt as Chairman of the Board.
- With more than 20 years in the technology space, Dave brings a track record of identifying innovative, high-growth security companies and fueling their market dominance.
- In addition to his deep security industry expertise, Dave’s role as Vice Chair of Safety and Security on the Delta Airlines Board of Directors provides him with an intimate understanding of the issues confronting OT network operators across nearly every major industry.
- With his unparalleled expertise, Dave solidifies Claroty as the one-to-watch in ICS/OT security.
Claroty in 2017 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards Program
The 2017 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards Program, is organized to recognize the most distinguished vendors of Physical, IT, Port Security, Law Enforcement, First Responders, (Fire, EMT, Military, Support Services Vets, SBA, Medical Tech) as well as the Federal, State, County and Municipal Government Agencies – to acknowledge their outstanding efforts to ‘Keep our Nation Secure, One City at a Time.’
As an ‘ASTORS’ competitor, the Claroty Platform will be competing against the industry’s leading providers of Innovative Cyber Critical Infrastructure Solutions.
American Security Today will be holding the 2017 ‘ASTORS’ Awards Presentation Luncheon at 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m, Wednesday, November 15th at ISC East, the Northeast’s largest security industry event, in the Jacob Javits Exhibition Center in New York City.
At ISC East you will have the chance to meet with technical reps from over 225 leading brands in the security industry, allowing you to find out about new products and stay ahead of the competition.
Encompassing everything from Video Surveillance and Access Control to Smart Home Technologies and Unmanned Security, you’re sure to find products and services that will benefit your company and clients.