If you have an emergency that requires an immediate law enforcement response, please call 911 or contact your local Police Department or Sheriff’s Department first.
The FBI is a federal investigative and intelligence agency with jurisdiction in a wide range of federal crimes; national security matters such as terrorism and espionage; cyber/computer crimes and intrusions; and intelligence activities that relate to those missions.
Please contact your local FBI office or submit a tip electronically if you have information about:
- Possible acts of terrorism, including violence, funding, or recruitment;
- Persons sympathetic to terrorists or terrorist organizations;
- Suspicious activities that you believe threaten national security, especially suspicious activities that involve foreign powers or foreign organizations;
- Computer crimes or intrusions into computer networks, particularly those associated with national security;
- Corrupt activities in state, local, or federal governments or in law enforcement;
- Racial or hate crimes, human trafficking (involuntary servitude or slavery), or other civil rights crimes;
- Organized crime activities;
- Financial crimes that involve fraud, especially corporate fraud, mortgage fraud, or other investment fraud schemes where significant dollar losses have occurred, including those impacting you or your place of work;
- Fraud in the health care industry;
- Persons who have committed or are planning to commit bank robbery, kidnapping, extortion, or thefts of valuable art, large interstate shipments of goods, or monetary instruments; and activities of violent gangs.
See What We Investigate for more information on our areas of investigative responsibility.
(Be the Next Hero: The Investigation of United Flight 93, courtesy of the FBI and YouTube)
You can report violations of U.S. federal law or submit information in a criminal or terrorism investigation as follows:
- Use our ;
- Contact your local FBI field office or closest international office;
- To report suspicious activity involving chemical, biological, or radiological materials, call (toll-free): 855-TELL-FBI or 855-835-5324.
- Report an online scam or e-mail hoax by filing a complaint online with our Internet Crime Complaint Center or by using our online Tips and Public Leads form;
- To provide information on select major cases, call our Major Case Contact Center at 1-800-CALL-FBI (225-5324)