Demisto, an innovator in Security Automation and Orchestration technology, has won two awards in the 2017 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards Program from American Security Today, (AST).
The Demisto Enterprise Security Operations Platform was named the Platinum ‘ASTORS’ Award winner in the Best Cyber Security for Incident Management awards category.
It also won the Gold ‘ASTORS’ Award in the Best Network Security Solution awards category.
“We are honored to receive these two awards from AST as they are the leading publication for government and homeland security professionals,” said Rishi Bhargava, co-founder of Demisto.
“Demisto leads the incident response industry by helping organizations reduce costs and security risk with its unique case management, automation and collaboration features.”
“Our solution is well matched for the security needs in the government sector, where we are seeing growing traction.”
The 2017 ‘ASTORS’ award winners were recognized for their innovative training and education programs, outstanding product development achievements and exciting new technologies to address the growing Homeland Security threats our nation is facing.
Demisto Enterprise integrates with more than 140 security products and enables organizations to build playbooks for different security operations.
By integrating other security products with Demisto, users can orchestrate actions across a suite of products in one window, automate response actions through playbooks, and run live security commands from a collaboration interface to remediate threats.
All of which can reduce mean time to response (MTTR) for security incidents. In addition, the case management and machine learning capabilities help security teams save resources and time while enforcing rigor and process to incident response.
(Learn More, courtesy of Demisto, Geektime and YouTube)
Scale Incident Investigation, Response and Reporting
Making Security Analysts Happier
Bi-directional Integration with products for Information Enrichment and Response Actions
- Dozens of built in integrations ready to configure with ease
- Bi-directional integrations enable automatic data collection for investigation and response actions
Triage and Respond Rapidly through Automated Playbooks
- Create new incidents automatically or manually by end user or security team
- Assign automated, playbook-based workflows to incidents for immediate and scalable response
- Create new playbooks or edit out-of-box ones based on security best practices and compliance regulations
Investigate and Collaborate with Security ChatOps
- Collaborate and take notes in context of investigation to expand insights and simplify handoffs
- DBot automatically detects duplicate incidents to reduce redundant work based on data in virtual war-room
- Issue data enrichment ChatOps commands and response tasks to DBot from within virtual war-room
- Delegate to and mentor junior analysts – via collaborative chat room
Journaling and Evidentiary Support
- Capture artifacts from integrated security solutions, notes and comments as evidence
- Correlate, link and track evidence to create a complete kill chain for attack
- Track complete audit trail for journaling and evidentiary support
Report, Assess and Audit via Automated Documentation
- Develop a clear understanding of incident trends and response to make business decisions
- Auto-document and generate report for each incident from the evidence data
- Track playbook tasks completed and SLA for each incident
Demisto helps future-proof security operation centers.
American Security Today, AST, focuses on Homeland Security and public safety breaking news, and the newest initiatives and hottest technologies in physical and IT security, essential to meeting today’s growing security challenges.
The AST digital publications are distributed to more than 75,000 qualified government and homeland security professionals in federal, state and local levels.
Demisto Enterprise is architected with features such as multi-tenancy and network engine proxy that enable easy deployment.
The network engines can be deployed on premise and be the point of interaction with customers’ security tools to maintain a secure HTTPS connection with the Demisto service.
The 2017 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards Program
American Security Today’s 2017 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Awards Presentation Luncheon at ISC East was an overwhelming success, with distinguished guests from National, State and Local Governments, and Industry Leading Corporate Executives from companies allied to Government.
Over 100 professionals gathered from across North America and the Middle East to be honored from disciplines across the Security Industry in their respective fields which included:
- The Department of Homeland Security
- The Department of Justice
- The Security Exchange Commission
- State and Municipal Law Enforcement Agencies, and
- Leaders in Private Security
Recognized for their Innovative Training and Education Programs, Outstanding Product Development Achievements and Exciting New Technologies to address the growing Homeland Security Threats our Nation is facing.
American Security Today was formed after careful reflection of 9/11 and its aftermath when the Department of Homeland Security was established and there was an immediate explosion of new products and solutions for what was perceived as an imminent second attack on primary targets in the United States.
As time moved forward from 9/11 itself and in recent years, the threats to our nation have evolved from a large scale 9/11 type attack to:
- Domestic and International Terrorist Attacks carried out by ‘lone wolves’ and coordinated individuals
- Cybersecurity breach attacks against our government agencies, financial institutions and critical infrastructure facilities
- Unprecedented urban violence
- Cultural shifts and societal media bias, which make it increasingly difficult to secure our nation in this constantly evolving threat environment.
These current circumstances have put forward another rapid expansion of new ideas, products and solutions to combat these ever changing challenges.
These changes have called for a new generation of security experts in the Homeland Security and Public Safety fields who need real time knowledge of our ever growing threats.
These experts include the Government at the Federal, State and Local levels as well as from Private Firms specializing in Physical Security, Port Security, Law Enforcement, First Responders, Military and Private Security responsible for implementing coordinated security measures to ensure our Nation’s Security and improve Public Safety.
Together, each of these entities work together seamlessly on the front lines of protecting our communities, to ‘Keep our Nation Secure, One City at a Time.’