OSI Systems’ Security division has been awarded a contract valued at approximately $23 million from a major European airport group to provide multiple units of its RTT® 110 (Real Time Tomography) Explosive Detection Systems.
“Our RTT hold baggage systems continue to be well received in the marketplace by customers that seek to meet ECAC detection standard guidelines,” said OSI Systems’ Chairman and CEO, Deepak Chopra.
“We are excited to serve this customer and look forward to expanding our RTT installed base in the region.”
The RTT™ is designed to accurately detect an increased range of explosive threats and prohibited items, including liquid explosives when compared to the currently deployed CT systems.
It features an innovative stationary gantry design that allows it to provide detailed 3-D images of the item being scanned at speeds in excess of 1800 bags per hour.
The RTT™ is designed to provide the best possible security at a lower overall cost of ownership to meet the specific operational demands of a modern airport environment.
Real Time Tomography: A Breakthrough Technical Innovation in Aviation Baggage Screening
- ECAC Standard 3 Approved
- Class-Leading High Resolution 3D X-Ray Images
- Scanning Speed of 0.5 meters per second
- Flexible System Configuration for Easy Integration
- Lowest Total Operating Costs
- Industry leading 200mm bag spacing
(The award winning Rapiscan RTT is a breakthrough technology for hold baggage screening. With a stationery gantry running at full speed, the RTT can screen up to 1800 bags per hour lowering lifetime costs for the airport. Courtesy of Rapiscan, an OSI Systems Company and YouTube)
- ECAC Standard 3 EDS Approved
- Designed to meet TSA and other regulatory standards for automated explosive detection
- Superior, 3-D imaging of scanned items
- Throughput potential in excess of 1800 bags per hour
- Full belt speed of 0.5 meter per second for ease of integration with high speed inline baggage handling systems
- Fewer moving parts than traditional CT systems, thereby lowering operational and service costs
- Advanced networking capabilities for matrixed deployment
The RTT employs a proprietary, solid-state approach to provide high-resolution 3-D imaging, and its unique design allows for the efficient inspection of hold baggage and air cargo.
RTT has passed the European Civil Aviation Conference’s (ECAC) HBS EDS Standard 3 requirement and has been deployed by numerous airports and air logistics providers.
OSI Systems, is a vertically integrated designer and manufacturer of specialized electronic systems and components for critical applications in the homeland security, healthcare, defense and aerospace industries.